Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Self-crit-midterm final edit

I really took to heart the feedback given last week. I agreed that I should try to match actions back and forth in the sequence, so that it appeared as though the fight was a memory. I really wanted to take out all of the sound except her one line, but that line had too much presence in the background and it sounded terrible. I am pretty happy with the result, it is a lot better now. I think that the visuals are strong and I am glad I took out most of the dialogue.I know that my audio could still be somewhat better but it is much better than it was. I am glad that I did this project, I have been doing self-portraits for a long time in photo and it was a great challenge to take myself out of the comfort zone of stills, into video. The performative aspect of my photo pieces is the part that I have never let anyone see.

No comments:

Post a Comment